>>> Jake Gage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> seems to think that:
>Hey there,
  [ ... ]
>  It looks like Eric Ludlam has released eieio-0.17 on 2002-08-06
>(looks like two days ago), which beta10 doesn't seem to like (the CVS
>version might already be changed, and I'd be much obliged if someone
>could tell me if this is the case).  In any case, on:
  [ ... ]
>The wrong version of Eieio is installed, please install 0.17beta3.
>

>  Reverting my version of EIEIO and awaiting instructions.  Thanks much.

  [ ... ]

Howdy.

  All recent editions of my tools (semantic, eieio, and speedbar) now
have a function called `PACKAGENAME-require-version'.  JDE currently
has its own compare function.  The version requirement in my tools
will know when a new release of a tool is not BACKWARDS compatible,
and otherwise will allow newer versions to be used with a JDE released
with an olderversion.  It would be up to Paul to know when a needed
feature was introduced.

  I recommend that the JDE use these functions, as it will prevent
this type of problem with new releases in the future.

  I would guess it is ok to use eieio 0.17 with the JDE as it passes
the EIEIO 0.17beta4 tests.

Eric

--
          Eric Ludlam:                 [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Home: www.ultranet.com/~zappo            Siege: www.siege-engine.com