Yes, JDE lacks the find-usage option, and I think it would be a nice feature to have,
its not
high on my priority list though, as Paul Kinnucan pointed out the find-expression can
be used
as a substitute. I don't understand the fuss about it - maybe it because emacs/jde
doesn't support
it that its important for the Idea users !? :-).
Look at the problem this way - Idea is just a simple GUI implementation of emacs/jde
which lacks
a lot of the powers in emacs(/jde), and then it might have some nice-to-have features
lacking in jde.
For my own experience I think if a feature is needed by enough then it will be
implemented, and if
you are the only one interested in it then you can do it yourself :-); - that's
another important power
of emacs/jde!!! You can modify it to extreme for you own personal needs, you can not
do that with Idea or
any other IDE for that matter.
Generally I think people not using emacs are very aggressive against emacs, but I
think its
because they have never understood the power of emacs because they have never found
out how they should
use emacs. Basically I think this issue relates to the old problem of bringing
computers out to the masses - that
problem was resolved with GUI because it looked more appealing to people and hence
appeared easier to understand.
Anyway, I just read a lot of the "jdee installer" mail from [EMAIL PROTECTED] and most of
them say what I was about to say.

Sincerely

Henrik Kjær