Hi,

I'm using AntServer.
In the last few weeks, I frequently received the following error message
when I tried to build my project:

        You need ant.jar in the beanshell classpath.
        The beanshell uses jde-global-classpath or
        the environment variable CLASSPATH.

I could figure out, that it occurs when beanshell is started before jde-ant has been
loaded.
This happens when I try to build the project after compiling a single file of this
project.
If jde-ant-home is not bound when beanshell starts,
ant.jar will not be added to beanshell's classpath.

I've modified my local beanshell.el to fix the problem:

(defun bsh-internal (&optional display-buffer)
  (let ((bsh-buffer-name "*bsh*"))
    (if (not (comint-check-proc bsh-buffer-name))
        (let* ((bsh-buffer (get-buffer-create bsh-buffer-name))
;;
;;               (ant-home (if (boundp 'jde-ant-home)
;;                           (if (string= jde-ant-home "") (getenv "ANT_HOME")
;;                             jde-ant-home)))
;; MS:
               (project-ant-home (jde-get-project 'jde-ant-home jde-current-project))
               (ant-home (if (and (boundp 'jde-ant-home) (not (string= jde-ant-home
"")))
;;                         jde-ant loaded
                           jde-ant-home
                           (if (and project-ant-home (not (string= project-ant-home
"")))
;;                           jde-ant not loaded but jde-ant-home set in project file
                             project-ant-home
;;                           jde-ant-home not set in project file and not customized
                             (getenv "ANT_HOME"))))
;;
               (jde-java-directory

I'm absolutly not sure whether this is the best or even a good solution.
But it seems to work and I hope it helps Paul or Javier to fix the problem.

I would like to mention two things related with this problem:

-       AntServer.java is not part of the distribution. Is it intentionally omitted?
-       The error message given by AntServer should mention
        jde-ant-home and ANT_HOME.

Finally, I would like to say, that I'm already using JDE for a couple of years
and I'm really happy with it.

Martin