From: Sandip Chitale [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 07:32
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Introspection based Java class browser....also demonstrates alittle bit of
java and lisp integration...

To use :

1. unzip the attached zip at in the jde directory
2. Just put the following in your .emacs

(require 'jde-introspect)

Now put the point anywhere in Java buffer where you would
normally invoke jde-complete functions. Then type
(control c) (control v) (/) to see the java typeinfo
buffer.

For example:

With point in the 'System' below :
public class Foo {
  System.out.println(args.length);
 }
}
here is what you get in a temp buffer. All the java class names are
hyperlinks (activated by
mouse or <RET> key).
class java.lang.System
/******************************************
 * Constructors of class System
 ******************************************/
private                       System()
/******************************************
 * Methods of class System
 ******************************************/
public static native          void arraycopy(Object, int, Object, int,
int)
public static native          int identityHashCode(Object)
public static                 void exit(int)
public static                 void runFinalizersOnExit(boolean)
private static                void initializeSystemClass()
public static                 String setProperty(String, String)
private static native         void registerNatives()
public static                 SecurityManager getSecurityManager()
static                        Class getCallerClass()
public static                 void loadLibrary(String)
public static                 String getProperty(String)
public static                 String getProperty(String, String)
public static native          String mapLibraryName(String)
public static                 void load(String)
public static                 void setIn(InputStream)
public static                 void setOut(PrintStream)
public static                 void setErr(PrintStream)
private static                void checkIO()
private static native         void setIn0(InputStream)
private static native         void setOut0(PrintStream)
private static native         void setErr0(PrintStream)
public static                 void setSecurityManager(SecurityManager)
private static synchronized   void setSecurityManager0(SecurityManager)
public static native          long currentTimeMillis()
private static native         Properties initProperties(Properties)
public static                 Properties getProperties()
public static                 void setProperties(Properties)
public static                 String getenv(String)
public static                 void gc()
public static                 void runFinalization()
private static                InputStream nullInputStream() throws
NullPointerException
private static                PrintStream nullPrintStream() throws
NullPointerException
 * Fields of class System
public final static           InputStream in
public final static           PrintStream out
public final static           PrintStream err
private static                SecurityManager security
private static                Properties props