I saw your version, Jason. The current version is very similar (user the
compilation mode as well).
Take a look at the new command, pmd-current-dir. You may want to call it
every now and then instead of calling pmd-current-buffer for every file
every time you save them (although I agree, the JVM delay is not that bad).

Actually there is quite a lot of commonality between this module, and
jde-checkstyle, and jde-jalopy, etc. Calling a Java app that redirects its
output to a compilation buffer seems to be a common pattern. It would be
good to refactor the common code into JDE.

I'm planning to release a more efficient version (using bsh, maybe
jde-sourcepath) as soon as the next JDEE version is out with the first
version of the plug-in capability.

Regards,
        Nascif