"Chitale, Sandip V" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> My original question was can I avoid
>
> M-x jde-gen-try RET Throwable RET
>
> and simply type t r y SPC with region around -
>
>       x = x/0;
>
> and get the same behaviour as above.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> sandip

I'm guessing that hard to do without intercepting every keystroke.
For the reason you stated, once you start typing, the region will be
deactivated.   I'd say it's possible with emacs, but we'd have to
implement a previous-region variable, and if a user types a
non-command key then if there is a region, it stores it in the
previous-region variable.  And once a completion fails (a user types
in a non-keyword), we'd have to clear that previous region function.

So, possible, but difficult.  Unless a facility for storing previous
regions exists already, but I was unable to find it.