James Cox writes:
 > I don't think this is the same problem as Jose's, but...
 >
 >  A few months ago, I was able to get jdee and w3m to play nicely.  (I was
 > able to browse a local javadoc from within emacs).  I was using jdee
 > 2.3.3beta2, emacs-w3m-1.3.4, and w3m 0.4.1.
 >
 > I had to modify jde-help.el.  I think w3m was choking on the file url - I
 > believe that this was a problem with w3m, not jdee, so I never submitted
 > this.
 >
 > I changed the line in jde-file-to-url from:
 >     (format "file://localhost/%s"
 > to:
 >     (format "file:///%s"
 >
 > everything seemed to work fine after that...

Hi James,

Allowing JDEE users to browse javadoc, the JDK API, and the JDEE User's Guide
from within Emacs sounds like a great idea. Perhaps I could build support
into the JDEE for using w3m for this purpose and include a Windows binary
of w3m in the JDEE distribution (and any other binaries users care
to contribute).

>From your experience, what is necessary to configure Emacs to allow
this capability?

Paul