When I first installed ECB 2.01, I was not able to start the beanshell.  The
cpu usage would jump to 100% and emacs would just hang.  This happened
regardless of whether I had yet started ecb (ecb-activate).

I did some googling on the list serv and found a similar problem for people
who were using Clear Case.  One user reported that if the cygwin find was
moved off the PATH, things seemed to work fine.  This got me thinking, and I
found this snippet that I added to my .emacs:

(defun file-executable-p (FILENAME)
 "Hacked for cygwin bash on W9x/NT by Ehud Karni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 Return t if FILENAME can be executed by you.
 For a directory, this means you can access files in that directory."
        (if (boundp 'file-executable-p-called)
            (let ((file-executable-p-called 'on))
                (if (= (call-process "test"     ;; bash test command
                            nil nil nil         ;; input / buffer /
re-display
                            "-x" FILENAME)      ;; test arguments
                            0)                  ;; exit status 0 -
executable
                    t nil))))

I had added this to solve the problem of finding executables without the
.exe appended. Several add on packages that I was/am using seemed to rely on
file-executable-p returning true without appending .exe to the executable
name.  sqlplus-html.el was one of them if I remember correctly.

Anyways, when I commented this out, everything seems to work fine.  I have a
hunch that the Clear Case issue is somehow related.  I'm also a little
curious as to why this is an issue even before I've activated ecb...

I'm only mentioning this in the hope it's going to help someone else out
there. ecb 2.01 is great.  And running under the new cvs build of emacs for
windows: it's a very impressive piece of eye candy.  Good job!

-Jim

This E-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply E-mail, and destroy all copies
of the original message.