Hello,

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> abbreviation handling has changed with JDE 2.3.4beta3.
> Unfortunatly, the new implementation uses a feature of
> define-abbrev which doesn't exist in XEmacs.
> XEmacs doesn't support expansions other than string or nil.
> The following changes should fix the problem.

Sorry, I see no change - the errors are still there.

However, I am not 100% sure wether the code is really called. If I for example
place an (error "abc") - line in  jde-import-all, located in the
jde-import.el in the same directory, the error shows up as expected.

But, if I do the same in one of the functions affected by the code you sent
below, it never shows up, even if I replace the complete code of
jde-init-abbrev-table with (error "abc") - the behaviour isn't changed by
that.
(no, I don't know of any .elc-files).

How can I assure that the code is really called?

Thanks,

Wolfgang