I see now that the user guide just says it inserts at the head of the
buffer, but the code appears to be a little more sophisticated, where it
tries to figure out where it should insert the import
(jde-import-get-import-insertion-point).  However, the result is the
same.  It just inserts the new import before the package statement.  I
guess I'll try a little debugging of that function.