Hi Paul,

I had meant to include that I experienced this behavior even with archive-zip-use-pkzip set to nil. Like Yoon Kyung Koo, I find I need both settings. I'm using GNU NT Emacs 21.3.1 on Windows XP Professional.

  -- Ed

Paul Kinnucan wrote:
Yoon Kyung Koo writes:
> Thanks, Paul and Ed.
> > In my case, adding both archive-zip-use-pkzip and archive-zip-extract works.
> > ;; use unzip instead of pkunzip
> (setq archive-zip-use-pkzip nil)
> (setq archive-zip-extract (quote ("unzip" "-qq" "-c")))

The second is redundant because arc-mode.el defines archive-zip-extract as follows:

(defcustom archive-zip-extract
  (if archive-zip-use-pkzip '("pkunzip" "-e" "-o-") '("unzip" "-qq" "-c"))
  "*Program and its options to run in order to extract a zip file member.
Extraction should happen to standard output.  Archive and member name will
be added.  If `archive-zip-use-pkzip' is non-nil then this program is
expected to extract to a file junking the directory part of the name."
  :type '(list (string :tag "Program")
                (repeat :tag "Options"
                        :inline t
                        (string :format "%v")))