Hey all,

We're pleased to announce that Jive Messenger 2.0.0 has been released.
Jive Messenger is an Open Source (GPL) XMPP server. It features:

 * Cross-platform support with easy installation.
 * A comprehensive web-based admin console.
 * Support for plugins and internal components.
 * Full multi-user chat (MUC) support.
 * Good scalability.

Website: http://www.jivesoftware.org/messenger (including support forums
and issue tracker)
Screenshots: http://www.jivesoftware.org/messenger/screenshots.jsp
Downloads: http://www.jivesoftware.org/downloads.jsp

In other news:

 1) Smack 1.4.1 was released today. Smack is an Open Source (Apache
License) XMPP client library in Java.

Website: http://www.jivesoftware.org/smack
Downloads: http://www.jivesoftware.org/downloads.jsp
Changelog:
http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/smack/docs/latest/changelog.html

 2) Today, we're announcing a new Open Source project -- Whack (yeah, we
have a lot of naming creativity). Whack is a Java library for creating
XMPP components (JEP-0114). It has several goals:

 * Act as an API for internal *or* external components transparently.
 * Automatic configurability of components using ad-hoc commands mapped
to Javabeans.
 * A simple API targeted specifically at components instead of an XMPP
client API that can also work for components.

Initial source code is available via CVS
(http://www.jivesoftware.org/source.jsp). The first official release
will be in 1-2 months. More details about Whack at:
<http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=13573>

Regards,
-- JiveSoftware.org Team