All,

We're pleased to announce the release of Jive Messenger 2.2.0! This
release represents a big leap forward in functionality, as it includes
support for s2s and external components.

Project Status Report:
http://www.jivesoftware.org/messenger/status_report_2_2.jsp
New Feature Highlights:
http://www.jivesoftware.org/messenger/whats_new_2_2.jsp

Full Changelog:
http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/messenger/docs/latest/changelog.html

We're also announcing Asterisk-IM, a plugin for Jive Messenger that
provides integration with the Asterisk phone system --
http://www.jivesoftware.org/asterisk-im. Features include:

 * Integrated presence -- see when other users in your roster are on the
phone.
 * Incoming call notification -- see a pop-up from inside your IM client
for incoming calls, including caller ID information.
 * Originate calls -- dial your contacts from inside your IM client.

The presence integration does not require explicit client support, but
the other features do. The protocol extensions will eventually be turned
into a JEP, but are available for experimentation and implementation
now.

Regards,
Matt