I can't get the base component to build, I haven't got anywhere near as far as that yet, but if I do, I'll surely let you know ;)

On 12/18/05, Kevin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 18 Dec 2005, at 19:56, Matthew Wild wrote:
> Has anyone managed to get the library to build to binary on Windows?
> It seems that various files are missing, and some lines of code are
> not liked by MSVC.
>
> Is it really released in an incomplete state, or am I doing
> something wrong? After all, Google Talk is a Windows-only app too,
> so it must work... any ideas?

This is non-official, but I've been working with libjingle for a few
weeks and chatting to the devs, so this is my reading.

libjingle itself will work fine on windows.
The example MediaEngine, implemented using Linphone's MediaStreamer
will not.
Although libjingle contacts the code used by the GT client, they use
another audio stack, not the example code given here.
There exists a windows port of mediastreamer but I do not believe
libjingle has been compiled using it yet. If you do get it working,
please share, because we currently have only a linux implementation.

/K

--
Kevin Smith
Psi Jabber client maintainer (http://psi-im.org/)