i agree that it's a bad idea for chat messages.

But i talked to many people who want to send type='normal' in HTML like email. And in email there is also no restriction of allowed tags. I personally don't care much about XHTML and still try to send 99% of my email in plain text only.

I agree with Peter that somebody who requests this feature should write up an XEP. I would like prefer smth which allows multipart messages with different content types where plain text is always required. Content types could be plain text, xhtml, rtf etc...

Alex

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
So many times people have brought this up, but at no time has anyone written up a spec for it. I wonder why?

Do you want to include *all* XHTML content? Scripts? Media objects? Forms?

If so, feel free to write up a spec for that. To me, it seems like a bad idea.

Peter

JD Conley wrote:
We (especially Chris Mullins) also brought this up many many many many
many many many times during the experimental stages of this XEP....

Of course, there is nothing stopping you from creating a XHTML-Body XEP
that allows free form...

-JD