Hi Matthias and Norman.

I still cant run jabber with the debugger.
I install jabber like this:
./configure --prefix=/jabber/
make
make install

now i cant even run the server normally, either in my
usr/local/jabber/jabberd-1.4.4/jabberd/ or in /jabber/bin/
it says ./jabberd: error while loading shared libraries: libpth.so.20:

Now if i tro to debug it with gdb, it ignores me:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] bin]# gdb jabberd
GNU gdb 6.6
blablabla
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) bt
No stack.

If i run it inside gdb:
(gdb) run jabberd
Starting program: /jabber/bin/jabberd jabberd
/jabber/bin/jabberd: error while loading shared libraries: libpth.so.20:

Program exited with code 0177.
(gdb)

Am i doin anything wrong here? Or doesent it seem like pth isnt
configured as it should?

As said, im aint that familiar with these linux tools, so bare over with
me :)  But i really appreciate your help!!

Thanks alot guys.

/Lars