Freetalk? http://www.gnu.org/software/freetalk/
It's really nice to use with auto completion on TAB and all those thingies.

cheers,
Tobias

On 4/22/07, Matthew Wild <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 4/18/07, David Ammouial <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 13 April 2007 00:07, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> > Ah yes, sorry, I forgot cjc. Which is cool but most people don't want
> > console client.
>
> "Most", of course not, but still I can assure you that many people do
> want a
> console client. I'd even say that a good text-based client (like irssi
> is
> to IRC) is cruelly missing in the Jabber landscape.

MCabber? http://www.lilotux.net/~mikael/mcabber/
<http://www.lilotux.net/%7Emikael/mcabber/>

I count it as *the* console Jabber client :)

(The [1]irssi-jabber project is on the road, but unfortunately it's not
> usable yet on a day-per-day basis, imho.)
>
> [1] http://kalvdans.no-ip.org/trac/irssi-jabber
>
> Regards.
> --
> David