So far there has been no discussion of this topic. I know that some XMPP Council members voiced concerns about some features in a recent meeting but they have not yet posted to the list. Silence will be taken as agreement. Please speak up if you have questions or concerns. These compliance levels will be used for testing purposes and to issue shiny little icons you can put on your website or in your clients. And who doesn't like shiny little icons?

Thanks!

/psa

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
At the "XMPP Summit" held after FOSDEM in late February, we decided to more clearly define compliance levels for XMPP servers and clients. As part of that effort, the XMPP Council promised to:

1. Define updated compliance levels each year.

2. Complete definition of the next year's levels by June 30.

Since 2007-06-30 is fast approaching, we need to complete our work on the 2008 compliance levels soon. To that end we recently published three XEPs:

XEP-0211: XMPP Basic Client 2008
          http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0211.html

XEP-0212: XMPP Basic Server 2008
          http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0212.html

XEP-0213: XMPP Intermediate Client 2008
          http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0213.html

(There is no "intermediate server" level because the intermediate features we have defined so far are all client-side features, but that may change as a result of discussion on this list.)

These documents are on a "fast track" so that the XMPP Council can approve them by June 30. I propose the following schedule:

1. April 30 - May 30

   Open discussion on [EMAIL PROTECTED] list.

2. May 30

   XMPP Council issues Last Call on XEPs 211-213.

3. May 30 - June 20

   Last Call discussion on [EMAIL PROTECTED] list.

4. June 27

   XMPP Council votes on advancing XEPs 211-213 to Draft.

Please provide your feedback sooner rather than later.