Hello.

I would like to propose/extend your GSoC idea of "open web based
Jabber/XMPP client"

I plan this client to be:
* lightweight
  - light and clean UI - ajax to enhance user experience but rather
    in google chat than meebo/soashable way
  - standard set of chat features

* embeddable
  - many use cases:
    > someone can run his own application client somewhere on protected
      site
   > someone can attach chat client to webmail or social networking site

* extensible
  - wsgi
  - filters/plugins mechanism
    > ie. filter saving incoming and outgoing messages to history or
      autoresponding when away, etc.
  - changeable XMPP backend (not sure yet)
    > idea is to let single users use for example BOSH
    > and more demanding users other xmpp-backend like twibber
    > or kamaelia

To accomplish this i would like to use Python language - Pylons
framework, Zodb database and appropriate xmpp python implementation.

This is just a brief draft, I am working on more specific proposal and
extracting deliverables.

Please, let me know what you think about it.
Is there any python BOSH implementation?

--
Best regards,
Paweł Pacana