> -> *What to do here?* (Assuming that [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]/resource is online)

RFC3921, 11.1, Item 3: Else if the JID is of the form
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]/resource> and no available resource matches the full JID,
the recipient's server [...] SHOULD treat the stanza as if it were
addressed to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> if it is a message stanza.

> Thus now he has identical resources in case a message is sent to his mobile,
> and it needs urgent action (but he isn't online). Can't messages be routed to
> all resources with identical priorities?

You mean he has resources with identical priority (not identical
resources). In that case, it's up to the server. You can route it to
all resources with identical priorities. I don't think any server
except Google Talk does this, but it seems to make most sense to me.
In your example, though, even this scheme wouldn't route it to mobile,
since it has a lower priority than 'pc'.

cheers,
Remko