Sander Devrieze wrote:
2008/8/20 Peter Saint-Andre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Lastwebpage wrote:
my two cents...
I am not an expert in this license things,
but I know that some license influence the source, the work and the
destination.
Let's assume this localization project use license A, but the client
use license B. there must not any license violations between A and B.
I have no idea if all license allow this.
If it's in the public domain, anyone can use it for any reason with any
license (the public domain is not viral). Another possibility is the MIT
License or a BSD-style license. Those are as open as possible without being
public domain.

Why not simply setting up some kind of a dictionary system? There is
nothing illegal about copying a translation found in a dictionary...

We have two things:

1. Definitions of all these terms. For that we might be able to borrow from ninjawords, thefreedictionary.com (their terms of use look too restrictive to me), or wiktionary, for example:

http://ninjawords.com/happy

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/happy

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/happy

2. Our recommended translations of those English terms into other languages.

/psa