Of course strophe.js is maintained.

I find it odd that this question is asked here instead of on the
strophe mailing lists. Did you not notice:

- the mailing lists posts that I and others routinely answer?
- the whole new web site that was launched a few months ago?
- the github merges and comments that I've made on other's contributions?

There is essentially only me doing much work on this project, and I'm
a busy guy. It's obviously not got the velocity of a project like
jQuery, but it is far from dead! I tend to address concerns that
bubble up to the top first, and as far as I'm aware, the library is
working well in many production environments.

jack.