Am 07.11.2013 22:03, schrieb Mathieu Pasquet:
On updating software/hardware, I think it is reasonable to assume that
anything that runs today is able to negociate TLSv1, which I consider
the baseline. The manifesto says that software that endorses it must
be able to negociate and prefer TLSv1.2; I consider that as *new
versions* of the software, on an up-to-date system.

Right. So for example (I had to verify this today), on Windows XP schannel, which is the MSFT API for doing TLS, does TLS 1.0. It's not able to do TLS1.2. When using that OS you probably have other things to worry about.