Hi,

On 24 March 2014 11:02, priya v <pria....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Section 5.1.3 under presence in RFC 3921 states that, upon receiving a
> presence probe from the user, the contact's server should -

First thing I'll note... RFC 3921 is old, you want
http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html and
http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6121.html which have cleared up a lot of
unclear text based on feedback from implementers.

> * send <not-authorized> if the user is in contact's roster with subscription
> states of "None + Pending In", "None + Pending Out/In", or "To + Pending
> In".
>
> If the user and contact are connected to two different servers, how can the
> contact's server fetch the states of "None + Pending In", "None + Pending
> Out/In", and  "To + Pending In" ?

This section is talking about the contact's server doing the
processing of the probe, and it only talks about the contact's roster
- nothing needs to be fetched from the user's roster (which you are
correct, cannot be accessed).

Regards,
Matthew