On 12.03.2015 12:19, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> On 4 Mar 2015, at 18:07, Kevin Smith <kevin.sm...@isode.com> wrote:
>> Mentors: I need your teaser ideas please (Thanks to Simon for getting his
>> up)!
>
> I’ve just done an audit of the ideas page for teaser tasks as student
> applications are about to start. There was only one project that didn’t have
> any teasers, which I’ve removed.

Thanks Kev.

Given that the removed project was the "XMPP servers performance
comparator", I'd like to point out that the Tigase people provide a test
suite at http://www.tigase.net/content/tigase-testsuite

I've just discovered the test suite yesterday, so I can't really comment
on it. But if someone wants such a suite in the future, it's sure better
evaluating using an existing framework, instead of re-inventing the wheel.

Smack will get some integration tests soon too. Every test result will
also have it's timing information recorded. So in theory those tests
could be used for performance comparison too. But the focus is
integration testing, and not performance tests. That said, nothing
prevents one to write tests which focus on performance using the Smack
Integration Test Framework.

The same may be true for the Tigase Testsuite.

- Florian