Hi Erik,

On Jul 21, 2005, at 2:10 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Ok. I thought that you would agree that this is a bug in JPOX, since the

"obvious default" for a char column is CHAR.

It is not that obvious when you have to support a wide range of

databases and data types. The most obvious choice to me is the most

common type among these databases.

I'm not aware of any database that doesn't support CHAR column type. And I think that having a default of jdbc-type = CHAR for a char field is very reasonable. If I put this into the specification, I assume you would be ok with it?

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Russell

408 276-5638 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]