I was able to reproduce the error (not fully though), just the part where it
looks for JDOTCKTestCases.list. Below is the error(partial output)
Problems reading testlist JDOTCKTestCases.list:
java.io.FileNotFoundException: JDOTCKTestCases.list (No such file or
directory)

This is caused if you do not specify the property jdo.tck.classes=<nameofclass>
in the detach.conf file.

I looked at maven.xml but couldnt find the place where it sets this property
to a default of JDOTCKTestCases.list

--