Hi,

I think it would be fine to raise a feature request on JIRA to track it. I could see it in a future JDO spec being a standard set of optional features given enough discussion.

Craig

On Dec 24, 2005, at 1:42 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Ok thanks. Do you think it should be considered for JDO 2.1 or 3? I can raise a JIRA feature request, so it might be easier to keep track later.

 

Erik Bengtson

 

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent
:
Friday, December 23, 2005 11:16 PM
To: JDO Expert Group; Apache JDO project
Subject: Re: failover

 

Hi Erik,

 

I'm afraid I don't have the energy to take on this addition to the spec, but I'd encourage you to see if you can find other like-minded folks to make a standard set of connection properties for failover.

 

You can start a wiki page on the apache jdo site. You can use org.apache.jdo.options.failover as a prefix for the property names if they are discussed and agreed by the apache jdo project.

 

Does this give you enough direction on a strategy for standardizing the names?

 

Regards,

 

Craig

 

On Dec 23, 2005, at 6:36 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:



Hi,

 

The standard allows setting up one data source per PMF. Failover mechanism to

recover from like "cannot obtain a connection" or "broken connections" are not

covered. Wouldn't be beneficial to cover such scenarios than upon failure will

switch to a backup data source?

 

Regards,

 

Erik Bengtson

 

Craig Russell
Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

 



Craig Russell

Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo

408 276-5638 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!


Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

Reply via email to