Hi Andy,

I don't have a problem with using the element-type to be a comma-separated list as a vendor extension, but in general there is no way to map a heterogeneous (Object or interface type) field. 

So I don't think that we should specify the comma-separated list of possible types as a standard technique.

What do others think about this?

Craig

On Dec 21, 2005, at 12:11 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

Hi Craig,

This proposal would allow more specific field type to be specified at
deployment time compared to compile time. For example, a field of
type Object could be specified in the jdo metadata as containing only
instances of type SimpleClass.

I don't read the proposal as saying that the user should specify the type(s) 
as comma-separated if they want a field declared as Object to store class A 
or class B or class C. What does the user do when they have a field declared 
as Object and want to do this ?


-- 
Andy

Craig Russell

Architect, Sun Java Enterprise System http://java.sun.com/products/jdo

408 276-5638 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!


Attachment: smime.p7s
Description: S/MIME cryptographic signature

Reply via email to