Hi Ilan,
> I agree that mappedBy should remain in Field. Same is true for indexed,
> unique, deleteAction, sequence and valueStrategy, which can all be
> useful also for object databases. I think that only table, column and
> columns are specific for relational databases. Same is applied also for
> Element, Key and Value, which were moved to orm.
Thanks. I wasn't aware of whether you would use those concepts so just moved
everything :-)
> I am not sure how a composite index should be declared using
> annotations. Assuming that this is done using index and unique -
> these two are also relevant to object databases.
Presumably in MetaData you would do this ?
<class ...>
<index name="...">
<field name="a"/>
<field name="b"/>
</index>
</class>
so I would guess that we should allow something like
@Index (fields={"a", "b"})
i.e add a fields array element onto Index (same for Unique).
We also need to add an @Indices annotation to allow for multiple indices per
class - same for unique.
--
Andy