Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Tilmann Zäschke, Tobias Bouschen, Craig Russell

Next meeting: Thursday September 9 11:00 Pacific

Agenda:
1. JDO-795 "Publishing the 3.2 specification"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/JDO/issues/JDO-795

While reviewing, look for index entries persistence capable, persistence
manager, persistence manager factory, transient, JDO identity, hollow, final,
enhancer, detach all on commit, commit, and make sure that there are only
significant entries. This will make the index more useful.

Note to self: there are apparently multiple instances of ReleaseDate in:
Chapters
Table of Contents
Appendices

- Some chapters have some assertions with the wrong style so they appear in the
final .pdf. These need to be changed. In the Exceptions chapter, some
assertions are listed but do not appear in the TCK.

- Section 16.1.3 has three "TODOs" (text in red color), I don't think they are
recent; do we know anything about these?

Remove the text in red. Change the assertions style so they don't appear in the
pdf.

AI Michael create a JIRA to test JTA assertions.

- Chapter 17 has a number of assertion A17.*, but I couldn't find any JUnit
tests for those. Is that known/okay/expected?

AI Michael file a JIRA noting the assertions that are in the specification but
no test cases exist.

- Propose to remove Appendix C, D, E. Should we rename the Appendix .odt files
to match the names once these are removed?

AI Craig remove three appendices and rename the appendices in one commit, once
this decision has been reviewed.

- Should we convert the specification to Latex?

AI Tobias create a JIRA describing the process.

2. Issues with Fix Version JDO-3.2
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20JDO%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20%22JDO%203.2%22
3. Release Policy Updates
4. JDO 3.1: Need to go through change lists in JIRA for 3.1 RC1 and 3.1 to
prepare JCP Change Log
5. Other issues

Action Items from weeks
[Aug 05 2021] AI Craig contact JCP governance mavens
[Mar 25 2021] AI Craig: investigate "merging" papajdo and apache.clr accounts
[Jan 07 2021] AI Craig update to add workflow for contributions and preview of
changes.
[Oct 30 2015] AI Craig: File a maintenance review with JCP
[Apr 17 2015] AI Craig: Oracle spec page on JDO need to be updated once the JCP
Maintenance Release for JDO 3.1 is published
[Oct 17 2014] AI Matthew any updates for "Modify specification to address NoSQL
datastores": https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-651?
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692 about
JDOHelper methods.

Craig L Russell
c...@apache.org