Hi,

I am an instructor working in an organization providing training on JDO.
I am currently authoring a JDO 2 courseware. Would it be possible for me
to grab some text, tables and graphics from the JDO spec or would that
be a violation of copyright? I looked at the copyright information on
the spec document and found the following (please see section (iii)) :

License for Evaluation Purposes. Sun hereby grants you a fully-paid,

non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide, limited license (without the
right

to sublicense), under Sun's applicable intellectual property rights to
view,

download, use and reproduce the Specification only for the purpose of
internal

evaluation. This includes (i) developing applications intended to run on
an

implementation of the Specification, provided that such applications do
not

themselves implement any portion(s) of the Specification, and (ii)
discussing

the Specification with any third party; and (iii) excerpting brief
portions of

the Specification in oral or written communications which discuss the

Specification provided that such excerpts do not in the aggregate
constitute a

significant portion of the Specification.

Looking at (iii) above, would I be allowed to use some portion of the
text in the spec in the courseware? I can refer to the spec document at
places I have used text directly from the spec itself. Things like state
transition tables and graphics representing state transitions is an
example of one of the things I would like to incorporate in the
courseware.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Karan singh malhi