Jesse showed me the other day how he had injected code into a running
Ant process to figure out what's going on.

I've took that and implemented it in Ant plugin. This is still a proof
of concept, because I don't have time to get it fully done right now,
such as exposing it for other plugins.

The idea is that we can do the same kind of automatic integration that
we do with Maven. For example, today in the freestyle project, we ask
the user to tell us where the unit test reports go. But with this kind
of spying, we can find out from Ant that it has run unit tests, and
the output has been sent to a certain directory. Or imagine an Android
build, where we can automatically figure out where the appliation was
produced.

[1] https://github.com/jenkinsci/ant-plugin/tree/interceptor

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi