Hi there,

Firstly, thanks for the Build Failure Analyser plugin -- I'm sure this will be useful for a huge number of Jenkins users.

While I can see that developers can add further Indications to the plugin, would it be possible for plugins to contribute Failure Causes directly for builds?

For example, I just had to manually create a Failure Cause with a Build Log Indication which scans for "^Build timed out.+" -- to detect timeouts triggered by the Build Timeout Plugin.

But the timeout plugin *knows* that it's changing the build output, so it would be nice if it could also report this information directly to the BFA plugin -- without BFA having to scan the logs, and without the user having to manually configure a Failure Cause.

Would this be possible? There are a lot of plugins out there which can change the build result, so this would be really cool :)

Thanks,
Chris