Hello,

i noticed a memory problem with my valgrind plugin for jenkins. The result
of the valgrind plugin (basically a list of errors with stacktraces) is
stored with the build (build.xml).

After a fresh restart of jenkins, those builds gets deserialized and kept
in memory as soon as the first user opens jenkins in his browser.

Some users of my plugin have huge projects with a lot of errors (up to
10000 per build). After a few dozen builds, all those errors and
stacktraces are eating up a lot of memory, despite most of them are never
needed.

Why does jenkins always deserialize all builds for all jobs? My initial
(naive?) expectation was that jenkins would only deserialize a build when a
user opens it in the browser.

Or am i doing something fundamentally wrong with the way the plugin stores
its data?

Regards,
Johannes