I'm afraid that I'm not getting your point:

a) we're not doing any deprecation. We're removing a legacy default config (which is IMO very unlikely to be still of use to anyone). Users can still reconfigure it, if they really want it

b) I would be very surprised if this would be related in any way to these 105 issues you mentioned. But maybe you have an example?

c) I'm especially puzzled why you put 'externals' in the JQL query. Do you think that this has anything to do with externals?