Hi, might not be helpful at all, but here's my 2 cents:
* upgrade to mvn 3.0.4 or 3.0.5, 3.0.3 have had some issues that even led
jenkins core to forbid building with it
* which mvn-release-p version are you using? 2.4 has some issues with git.
Prefer sticking to 2.3.2 before it's fixed.

Hth,
Cheers