Hi,
The Gerrit Trigger plugin is a multi module project, the plugin, a library for
connecting and receiving stream events from Gerrit and one module that contains
common build config stuff.
I originally intended for the events module to be standalone and I've recently
been asked to extract it into a complete separate project to remove any
dependencies to Jenkins so that it can be easier used in other projects. It is
already used by some other projects today but they need to suffer with all the
dependencies that the parent pom inherits from the Jenkins plugin defaults.

So I intend to do it, since it would also cut down a bit of the complexity of
the plugin itself by having separate release cycles for the two modules.

But the question is where and how to host it?
Is anyone opposed to me still hosting the released binaries in the Jenkins
repo? Even though it technically has no dependency left to Jenkins, besides its
biggest user is a Jenkins plugin :)
The reason I'm thinking of keeping it there is because that's where the old
versions of the module are, and convenience; I already have an account and I'm
familiar with the repo. Hosting it on central seems like a big pain compared to
keeping it here.
On the other hand it is meant to be used by other unrelated projects and why
should they add the Jenkins repo to their poms just for my little library?

Maybe a similar argument could be made for stapler that has up until recently
always been hosted on the Jenkins repo even though it's a standalone project,
but I guess kk started to host it on central for that reason?

Same question about the git repo. I can create a new repo on my company´s
GitHub account and take pull requests from there, or could I create a new repo
in the Jenkins org for convenience's sake?

As you might see I'm torn between doing the right thing and not needing to put
too much work into it.

Looking forward to your opinions!

/B

Robert Sandell
Software Tools Engineer
SW Environment and Product Configuration
Development Environment

Sony Mobile Communications
Tel: +46 (0)10 80 12721
sonymobile.com<http://sonymobile.com/>