Thanks for the feedback. I guess we agreed that it would be an interesting
feature for core provided we can implement it in a reasonably efficient way.

@kpfleming: We can do better than re-runing JUnitResultArchiver. I have
modified the parser to update result object incrementally in order _not_ to
parse the same report files over and over again. My draft invokes parsing
JIT (but it is blocking the UI thread which probably could be eliminated
using ajax) so there is no parsing as long as no one wants to see the
results. Possible improvement we might be interested in is spinning a
thread on slave to monitor new report files and push updates to master when
there is something new (no polling on master, no polling over network). I
did not find a way to eliminate polling altogether preserving all the
flexibility JUnitResultArchiver provides, though.

Testing on remote slave is actually faster than I expected. Refreshing test
results takes ~5 seconds when building jenkins.

@Roman: This filesystem based approach will cover your use case as well.

Here is what I have: https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/904