On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Ulli Hafner <ullrich.haf...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> which workaround are you referring to?
>
> specifying version 2.5 explicitly on the command line

Ah, well that is just using a new plugin version, which you would also
get by using a newer parent POM.

> The release plugin does not work if you have …

Did you mean that one or all of these are regressions compared to an
earlier version of maven-release-plugin? Are they filed as such?

> The problem reported here is of type c)

Right, see that now. The plugin sources really ought to be moved to
top level for consistency with other plugins.

> one module (a library) is changed only about once a year, the plugin itself
> is released several times a year. So I want to be able to release only the
> module that actually has been changed.

I guess you could just keep the library in its own repository. Or an
unrelated branch of the same repository (git checkout --orphan).
Either would have beneficial side effects beyond maven-release-plugin,
such as ensuring that the commits between two successive release tags
actually correspond to changes in that component, and making
plugin-compat-tester work without my having to fix it for this plugin.
:-)