Hi all,
Currently adding an extension point to my plugin, I was wondering if I
should try and cache the results of getExtensionList() at some point (I
read one good place may be in postInitialize()).

In that case though, if some plugin gets installed without restarting the
server, I guess I won't have the potential new registered extensions. That
bothers me a bit.

Is there some recommended pattern/way to be a good citizen in this area
(I.e. handling extensions from the plugins in general)?

One solution here would be to never cache the results and always call
getExtensionList(). Is this something reasonable? (In my case, for *every*
build of the Jenkins instance...). Seems a bit wasteful at first sight.

Or is there some maybe an extension point to implement to be notified of
new extension registrations? :)

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers

-- Baptiste