Hi,

     Internally we use Git as the SCM with git plugin which triggers poll
on push request. For internal use I am looking for a way to Ignore the SCM
polling schedule option from the job configuration page, so that jobs are
only triggered on push notifications and not based on cron values in this
field.

   One of the possible ways i thought of was to replace the already present
SCMTrigger object in the Job Trigger with a new SCMTrigger with empty spec
value when a user saves the Job Configuration, but i couldn't find a good
extension point to do so. Took a look at the SavebleListener but saving the
project in onchange() doesn't look like a very good approach.

   Although ideally i would like to disable that option, but i couldn't
find a way to disable UI elements of the config page with a plugin. If
anyone has done something similar before would like to know their  thoughts.

   Any suggestions on the extension point or on the approach. I am looking
of making this as a plugin or add it to git plugin and contribute back to
the community so help from the community will help me to take the right
approach from start.

thanks,
Aditya.