Hi Annie
Comments below

>Yes -- that would work! Do you know if there's a way that after each build, I
>can:

> 1. run some javascript to generate the svg
You can have a build step, post build step, call another job, use the workflow
plug-in, etc. The simplest would be to include a command that generates the SVG
graph in your build, but there are many different ways to achieve the same
result.

> 2. store the svg in the same URL as the previous build

If you archive your image as a build artifact. The URL won't change.

> 3. the description is updated in reload (the svg url doesn't change)
http://162.243.246.75:8080/job/Examples/job/annie-jiao-001/
You can browse the configuration for that job for an example. Normally I use R
to generate the graphs, but due to lack of time I decided to simply wget an
image once and pretend I've generated it with some command :)
HTHBruno