On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 2:49 AM, Lakshmi Narasimhan Vaikuntam
<vaikuntam.narasim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For a freestyle job, using these two apis gives the same set of parameters
>
> 1) /api/xml?tree=property[parameterDefinitions[name,type]]

That is right. You are looking up `ParametersDefinitionProperty`,
which is in `Job.properties` and has a `parameterDefinitions`
property. Straightforward.

> 2) /api/xml?tree=actions[parameterDefinitions[name,type]]

Seems that `ParametersDefinitionProperty` implements `getJobActions`
to return itself, though I cannot see any reason why—as an `Action` it
offers no UI or URL binding. `WorkflowJob` does not currently support
this method, for which I filed JENKINS-29880. At any rate, you should
use style (1) above.