Thanks all! I did have to add the dependencies to pom.xml.  I added the two
items below and now everything is good.

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.jenkins-ci.plugins</groupId>
            <artifactId>credentials</artifactId>
            <version>1.8.3</version>
            <optional>true</optional>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.jenkins-ci.plugins</groupId>
            <artifactId>matrix-auth</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.2</version>
            <optional>true</optional>
        </dependency>