I need some guidance...

I am trying to implement a dashboard by extending the Dashboard View
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/dashboard-view-plugin> plugin (which extends
ListView
<https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/blob/master/core/src/main/java/hudson/model/ListView.java>).

 My dashboard needs to display status of latest builds for specific
projects.  Currently, the builds that get shown on the dashboard seem to be
set at dashboard create time since the portlets that are defining the
content are created on submit of Edit View.  It never seems to change after
that.  Is there a way to poll the projects for newer builds and update my
dashboard/dashboard portlets with data from those builds?

Thanks!
-jacqui