I have checked out Jenkins template-project-plugin in an effort to fix an
issue
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-27317

I have followed the instruction to add Jenkins Maven Repository to my
existing Nexus, in order to build with Maven.
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Jenkins+Development+Environment+with+Nexus

Then I proceeded with creating eclipse project files for the
template-project-plugin:
user@linuxbox:~/workspace/template-project-plugin> mvn eclipse:eclipse
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
Downloading:
http://companyNexus:8081/nexus/content/groups/public/org/jenkins-ci/plugins/plugin/1.580.1/plugin-1.580.1.pom
[ERROR] [ERROR] Some problems were encountered while processing the POMs:
[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM for
org.jenkins-ci.plugins:template-project:1.5.2-SNAPSHOT: Could not find
artifact org.jenkins-ci.plugins:plugin:pom:1.580.1 in nexus
(http://companyNexus:8081/nexus/content/groups/public) and
'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 3, column 11

Jenkins Summary from my Nexus:
Repository ID: jenkins
Repository Name: Jenkins Releases
Repository Type: proxy
Repository Policy: Release
Repository Format: maven2
Contained in groups:

Remote URL: http://maven.jenkins-ci.org/content/repositories/releases/

Nexus Discovery:
Unsuccessful.
Message:
Server proxied by M2Repository(id=jenkins) proxy repository is not
supported by automatic routing discovery

It seems there was some problem with the Jenkins repository. I do not have
the same problem with the Maven Central proxy.