On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 5:15 AM, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For developing and debugging Jenkins, in my experience, keep as far away
> from Eclipse as possible

I have also heard of a lot of problems, but some people do it anyway.

Dedicated plugins exist for Jenkins plugin development in both IDEA
and NetBeans. I maintain the NetBeans integration. File » New Project
offers a new Jenkins plugin as an option, or File » Open Project and
navigate to the root directory of an existing one; when open, Debug »
Debug Project to launch `hpi:run` with the JPDA debugger connected,
etc.