I am also developing plugins for Stash/Bitbucket Server and I must say that
their approach is much better. They have the Atlassian Marketplace where
plugins are published if they have a clear use case, the people at Atlassia
can successfully test that use case and it is documented properly.

Having somilar plugins is a good thing. Then there will be competition!

I tried to get a plugin hosted that would generate a changelog from a git
repository. That code eventuelly got added to the git changelog plugin.
When I tried to publish my plugin I was denied because it was to similar to
the existing plugin. Problem is that the existing plugin had a very
different approach. The implementations were so different, a merge would
never be possible. The result now is one plugin with duplicated features.
And that is confusing for a user!