Hi Nadishka,

If you haven't checked the source code of above mentioned project, clone it
and go through it. It's ok if you can't understand most of it. But if you
carefully observe it, you will be able to get an idea about the flow of the
code.

Furthermore, refer this documentation[1] to get a better understanding
about plug-in development.
Also this[2] will be helpful too.

After getting familiar with the source code, try to solve that JIRA issue.
It would be a better approach than jumping straight to the solving an issue
IMHO.

[1] https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Plugin+tutorial
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUzYZZsNBIA

BR.